South Lawn Parents,
We have been working for the past 2 years to successfully schedule and implement a different type of Summer Learning Experience for South Lawn students. We would like to transform how we approach Summer School at South Lawn. We believe when Reading and Math are made available for short periods of time each summer, we’ll see sustained and substantial academic growth.
We will be offering 3 types of Summer Learning this year.
Traditional Summer Academy
· Required attendance for promotion to the next grade level
· 18 Days 8:00 am – 12:00 Noon
· June 5th – June 29th
Summer Library and Technology Opportunity
Library/Computer Lab open for 40 days—2 hours each day
· Check in/out Library books throughout the summer
· Work on academic computer programs (1st in Math, Kid Biz, Rosetta Stone…)
· Open to any current Kindergarten – 4th Grade Student
· Dates and times coming soon
South Lawn Jump Start
· 13 Days of fun Reading and Math instruction
· July 30th to August 15th
· 9:30 am until 11:30 am
· Extremely Small groups (7 students/1 teacher)
More information will be coming home soon about which of these Summer Learning Experiences your child will have the opportunity to be involved in this summer.